5/22/2011

Joey Ramone Birthday Bash 2011


It's been 10 years since Joey Ramone "left home" -  our planet East Village. Though it's odd that there is still a Joey Ramone Birthday Bash party after all these years, just dedicating a day to Joey once a year brings a smile to my face. He should be walking among us - looking down and laughing with us as we cross 3rd Avenue and make our way down St.Marks Place or 9th Street past his favorite haunts and restaurants. So amidst all the Ramones family squabbling, I think it's just fine to honor him with his own day. Gabba Gabba we accept you one of us!

I've posted my photos of last week's 2011 Joey Ramone Birthday Bash on this site for your Gabba Gabba viewing pleasure!

http://web.me.com/godlis/Joey_Ramone_Birthday_Bash

St.Marks Place 1981
CBGB's 1977
with Dee Dee, Bowery 1977
Trouser Press cover outtake 1983

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Joey!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete